On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 19:37 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> When sources are updated and if everything is set up properly, you
> only need to run a single command from terminal (at the end you need
> to provide svn password unless you configure svn to store it for you).
> It takes about 10 minutes to finish compilation, but it only takes
> processor time, no work for you. You can also set up a cron job to run
> each night in which case there will be absolutely zero work for you
> unless compilation fails.
>
> What is more important is not to abandone the work once you start it.
> It makes little to no sense to provide binaries if you happen to, say,
> not have time to update the binaries for a month.
>
> You can try
>     svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries
>
> Try to run bin_update_src.sh and try to build luatex and metapost (you
> can also run bin_buid.sh, but then you need to patch platform.sh
> first). Usually you just hit "do_all.sh".
>

> However the first required step is to build TeX Live sources. See
>     http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html
>
> The deadline for release of TeX Line 2011 is end of June. It would be
> most helpful for me if TeX Live's SVN could include binaries. Updating
> TeX Live binaries is only done once per year and you might need to
> repeat that two or three times within a month (when bugs are
> discovered).
>
> Can you please try if you can build the successfully?
>
> Mojca

Hey Mojca,

I think you raise some good points and this would be a useful
contribution to the project. I think the easiest thing to do would be if
I just give you a shell account on a MIPS64 machine and you can run this
yourself, if you like. I haven't much time.

If that is ok with you, please email me off the list.

Take care,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred