I'm going to reply to myself here. Just found the example bib file in the
wiki and copied (replaced) my bib file with it.
Good news: Entrys show up.
Bad news: The first two entries are missing.

Since I only tried example files with two entries max, that changes the
issue description from "not shoing up" to "the first two are omitted. See
attached output pdf. (nothing changed in source except bib file content)