Hi All,

I wonder if you can help:

I have been having a problem with \startcolumnsetspan when I was trying to
create a magazine layout for a Uk psychodrama organisation.

Out of curiosity ( and in the hope i might learn something) i turned on tracing
for a short example that gives the problem

here is the source of the test.

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
\definecolumnset[columntest][n=3]%
\definecolumnsetspan[wide][n=2]%
\starttext
\startcolumnset[columntest]
\input knuth
\tracingall
\startcolumnsetspan[wide]
\dorecurse{3}{\input knuth\par}
\stopcolumnsetspan
\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth\par}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

of course it spewed out a huge log file but when looking at it i found this:

\dostartcolumnsetspan [#1][#2][#3]->\endgraf \vskip \zeropoint \bgroup
\forgetall \ifnum \columnsetlevel >\zerocount \else \columnsetspanhsize \hsize
\nofcolumns \plusone \mofcolumns \plusone \fi \setupframedtexts [cs:#1]
[\c!width =\columnsetspanhsize , \c!linecorrection =\v!off , \c!depthcorrection
=\v!off , #2]\!!countc \namedframedtextparameter {cs:#1}\c!n \!!countd
\nofcolumns \ifnum \!!countc >\!!countd \!!countc \!!countd \fi \advance
\!!countd -\mofcolumns \advance \!!countd \plusone \doif
{\namedframedtextparameter {cs:#1}\c!alternative }\v!a {\ifnum \!!countc
>\!!countd \!!countc \!!countd \fi }\setcolumnsetspanhsize \mofcolumns
\!!countc \hsize \columnsetspanhsize \setbox \scratchbox \vbox \bgroup
\dostartframedtext [cs:#1][\v!none ]\ifnum \columnsetlevel >\zerocount
\namedframedtextparameter {cs:#1}\c!before \fi \unexpanded \def
\stopcolumnsetspan {\dostopcolumnsetspan {#1}}
#1<-wide
#2<-
#3<-
{\par}
Lua linebreak_filter failed, reverting to default on line 9

Any ideas? my actual document exhibits the same sort of fault. It used to work
before I had to update the minimals ( some time ago) when I moved to another
computer and it failed then.

I must say I really like context and appreciate all the hard work that must
have gone into it. I know that it is a large system and will take me some time
to get to grips with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Gordon