Dear Joseph,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:36, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Hello Mojca,
>
> I did wonder if this was known: I've noticed that ConTeXt seems to be
> 'on and off' at least on my Mac (I've done less testing on Windows).
>
> My  /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmfcnf.lua shows:
>
> -- (Public domain.)
> -- This texmfcnf.lua file should exist only if you have personal changes
> -- from the distributed file; for example, if TEXMFVAR was changed in
> -- the installer.
> --
> return { TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var' }
> --
> Joseph Wright

Were you, by any chance, an early adopter who didn't install the new
version of MacPorts once it was officially released?

Please replace the contents of that file with:

return {
  content = {
    variables = {
      TEXMFHOME = "~/Library/texmf",
      TEXMFVAR = "~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var",
      TEXMFCONFIG = "~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-config",
    },
  },
}

or reinstall MacTeX.