On 30-9-2011 23:39, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 19:57, Hans Hagen<pra...@wxs.nl>  wrote:
On 27-9-2011 19:52, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 19:44, Hans Hagen wrote:

there is some fall back mechanism that does that but as soon as one
defined
his/her own typescript that can interfere

How should we define trypescripts to avoid interference then?

A typeface definition normally has a matching monospace and math definition
(so: ss + tt + mm or rm + tt + mm or in some cases rm + ss + tt + mm). Of
course some relative scaling has to be considered then.

Do you want to say that we need an explicit definition of LM Math?

Just curious: how much information is missing/how much would would it
be if we would want to create a virtual math font by combining LM +
populating italic/bold/bold italic latin and greek math alphabets from
text font? Would that look horrible because of lack of information
about glyph metrics?

that is relatively easy: just make a lfg file that contains the specification (and choose some math font that suits)

my guess is that it will look bad in most cases

we might consider making a sort of generic partial math font (maybe even needs to be designed) that sort of fills in the usual bits and pieces (root signs, arrows etc) in a way that matches an average font

(we probably need a few weights then)

of course that would only work for not too fancy math