Am 01.10.2011 um 14:57 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 29-9-2011 13:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Even when you patch this you don’t get any output because context tries (in
>> the example below) to use the label “August:mnem” but only the label
>> “august:mnem” is defined.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \date[d=1,m=8][day:ord,space,month,space,month:mnem]
>>
>> \starttabulate[|Tl|l|]
>> \NC August      \EQ \labeltext{August}      \NC\NR
>> \NC August:mnem \EQ \labeltext{August:mnem} \NC\NR
>> \NC august:mnem \EQ \labeltext{august:mnem} \NC\NR
>> \stoptabulate
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> which makes me wonder ... in the past these v! were used instead of labels
> but it might make more sense now to lowercase the v!

This explains why you use variables as keys in \setuplabeltext etc.

> okay?

+1

> of course the labeltexts stay the same

There is also a bug for the labels in the form “<month>:mnem” in lang-lab.lua

function languages.labels.define()
    local variables = interfaces.variables
    local data = languages.data.labels
    local function define(command,list,prefixed)
        if list then
            context.pushcatcodes(prtcatcodes) -- context.unprotect
            for tag, data in next, list do
                if data.hidden then
                    -- skip
                else
                    for language, text in next, data.labels do
                        if text == "" then
                            -- skip
                        elseif prefixed and rawget(variables,tag) then

“rawget” checks if a variable “<month>:mnem” is defined but since this isn’t
the case
variable.

Wolfgang