On 9-11-2011 22:49, Christian wrote:
May be I missed one or the other mail on this topic.
There is indeed support for svg-inclusion in MKIV. In order to be
possibly of help I would like you to send a minimal example.
Note: When I include the extension in the filename (testimage.svg) I
get "!LuaTeX error: cannot find image file 'm_k_i_v_testimage.pdf'"
probably due to some failed conversion stuff.
Is write18 enables? Do you have inkscape binary in your PATH?
Well, no and no. And the way I see it, proper svg support should not need a
prior conversion to pdf done by an entirely different program.
If I wanted that, I can as well save it as pdf or convert it myself.
I knew about the detour via inkscape, but I hoped for native support.
So I guess svg is not supported then?
no, and it would be a typical example of adding something to the engine
that's bigger than the engine itself which is definitely not on our
agenda (the leaner the meaner)
also, converting svg runtime and doing that each run is pretty
inefficient; the mkiv runtime conversion only converts (using inkscape)
when the file has changed and including a pdf file is pretty fast
(the same is true for png files: the pfd format supports png compression
which is not the same as embedding png so for some variants it's better
to convert beforehand so that inclusion is faster)
Hans
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
| www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------
___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the
Wiki!
maillist : [email protected] / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________