Hi. I have a fresh installation of ConTeXt on Ubuntu 11.10, straight
from Ubuntu's repository (version 2011.05.18.20110627-1) but the
mptopdf script seems to be missing, and mtxrun doesn't show any
available scripts. What could be the problem?

[eposse@flamenco:~/Tests/latex] > mptopdf
mptopdf: command not found
[eposse@flamenco:~/Tests/latex] > mtxrun --script

[eposse@flamenco:~/Tests/latex] >

In synaptic's package manager I can see that the following files where
installed, but not the actual script...

/usr/share/texmf/tex/mptopdf
/usr/share/texmf/tex/mptopdf/config
/usr/share/texmf/tex/mptopdf/config/mptopdf.ini

Thanks

--
Ernesto Posse

Modelling and Analysis in Software Engineering
School of Computing
Queen's University - Kingston, Ontario, Canada