On 29-11-2011 20:36, Ernesto Posse wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Hans Hagen<pra...@wxs.nl>  wrote:
On 29-11-2011 18:07, Ernesto Posse wrote:

Thanks,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com>    wrote:

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 21:44, Ernesto Posse<epo...@gmail.com>    wrote:

Hi. I have a fresh installation of ConTeXt on Ubuntu 11.10, straight
from Ubuntu's repository (version 2011.05.18.20110627-1) but the
mptopdf script seems to be missing, and mtxrun doesn't show any
available scripts. What could be the problem?

I would suggest to ask the Ubuntu maintainer of TeX Live package. I
can tell you that mptopdf is a different package in TeX Live 2011, but
ConTeXt should have a dependency on that package. What exactly Ubuntu
did on their system ... I have no idea. The developer is free to ask
questions here, but in principle we cannot help you much unless some
Ubuntu freak speaks up.

I thought that mptopdf was part of ConTeXt... to is it part of TeX Live
instead?

It is part of context but as context moves on (mkiv) no user will use
mptopdf as (1) mp processing is built into the core, and (2) fo rstand alone
graphics the mkiv related context and metapost scripts can do the same as
mptopdf.

I'm using it for stand-alone graphics, to be included in a latex file,
to be compiled with pdflatex. In short, I have a diagram in mp, and I
used to do the following:

mpost diagram.mp
mptopdf diagram.1

My understanding is that the .1 file generated by mpost is actually an
..eps file, but pdflatex doesn't accept it, and that's why I used
mptopdf. I do not see any options in either mpost or context that
would allow me to do that. How could I use any of these to get a pdf?

what happens if you rename the .1 to .mps? inclusion of mp in pdftex should work ok in latex (as it uses the mp to pdf converter that is also used in mptopdf)