Hello again,

it’s that time of year again, when I try to print my calendar and address book for next year, and last year’s ConTeXt code doesn’t work any more... (see my mails on imposition and tabulate lines problems). Anyway; I’d like to get the first and last name on one address book page into its header. While that didn’t work last year at all (at least not in combination with imposition), I get "rather" good results with this code (helpfully donated by someone on this list):

"""
\setupbodyfont          [ss,18pt]

\setuplayout[location=middle,marking=on]
\setuppaper [nx = 3 ,ny = 1 ,dx =0mm,dy=0mm,topspace=19mm,backspace=10.5mm,page=A7,paper={A4,landscape}]
\setuparranging [XY]

\definemarking[MyNam]
\setupheadertexts[][{\getmarking[MyNam][first]–\getmarking[MyNam] [last]}]
\def\Name#1{#1\expanded{\marking[MyNam]{#1}}}

\starttext

\startlines
\Name{A}
\Name{B}
\Name{C}
\Name{D}
\Name{E}
\Name{F}
\Name{G}
\Name{H}
\Name{I}
\Name{J}
\Name{K}
\Name{L}
\Name{M}
\Name{N}
\Name{O}
\Name{P}
\Name{Q}
\Name{R}
\Name{S}
\Name{T}
\Name{U}
\Name{V}
\Name{W}
\Name{X}
\Name{Y}
\Name{Z}
\Name{\CONTEXT}
\stoplines

\stoptext
"""

I.e. I put the first letters of every name into the marking register "MyNam" and fetch its first and last value in the header.

Problem is, I get always the second and second-last name, instead the first and last one. E.g. if there’s A-I on the first page, header says B–H.

Best Greetlings!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/