On 18-1-2012 08:30, luigi scarso wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Steffen Wolfrum<cont...@st.estfiles.de>wrote:

You should try to make your code more readable.

\definelistplacement[MyListItemIT][none]#1#2#3%
   {\maxaligned\bgroup
      \rlap{\it#1}%

\framed[frame=off,align=middle,location=bottom,width=broad,foregroundstyle=\TOCstyleBF]{#2}%
      \llap{\tf#3}%
    \egroup}

I did not know "\maxaligned"

even me --- it's normal, it's hard to be in sync with all the changes of
the source. I suspect that it's an internal macro, can even change.
Wolfgang often uses internal macro, gaining speed but loosing compatibility.
As general rule (another...) in my stylesheets I try to use TeX macros and
ConTeXt switches (i.e. key=val) especially if they are related to long term
projects.

Actually, Wolfgang seldom uses internal macros. Macros like \maxaligned are helpers that are used to build regular commands, so they're part of the infrastructure and Wolfgang knows the context internals amazingly well. There are some obscure helpers that might dissappear but most are there for a reason and will stay. So, we have:

commands: offcial interface
helpers : more low level, no key/values etc
hidden  : not meant to be used unless on your own risk

Btw, \rlap and \llap are quite standard in a tex system.