On Mon, 16 Apr 2012, Jan Heinen wrote:

I was lucky to get a fast answer - but with your code I don't get the right result:

-- start your code

\startmode[booklet]
\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuparranging[2SIDE]
\stopmode
\starttext
First page
\startmode[booklet]
\null \page
\stopmode
etc.
\stoptext

Thomas

-- stop

With your code I get:

1 2      first page of the pdf
3 4      second
5 6      third
7 8      fourth

But I want to get:

1         first page of the pdf (coverpage)
2 3      second
4 5      third
6 7      fourth
8         fifth (coverpage)

I know how to use with modes - but the answer must be an other.

Maybe I have to explain it more clearly:

on the first PDF-Page (A5) there should be only the cover-page (page 1)
   \setuppapersize[A5][A5]

\setuparranging[1SIDE]%<- I don't know how to write it - nothing was working

On the second PDF-Page there should be page 2 and page 3
   \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]

    \setuparranging[2SIDE]

It must be a problem lot's of people have when they make a book with ConTeXt
and want to make a second PDF-version for the Internet.

If you don't mind creating another file to convert a given double sided pdf into the above format, you can use the following (pseudo code, untested, and might have typos)

get number of pages in the pdf
   \getfiguredimensions[filename]
   \edef\NOfPages{\noffigurepages}

insert the first page
   \startTEXpage[height=(A5 height}, width=(A5 width)]
   \externalfigure[filename][page=1]
   \stopTEXpage

loop and insert all but the last page (you may have to test if the number of pages are odd or even and use \numexpr(\NOfPages - 1) to find the last but one page:

\dostepwiserecurse{2}{2}{\LastButOnePage}
 { \startTEXpage[height=(A5 height), width=(A4 height)]
   \expanded{\externalfigure[filename][page=\recurselevel]}%
   \expanded{\externalfigure[filename][page=\numexpr\recurselevel+1\relax]}%
   \stopTEXpage
 }

If the number of pages is even, insert last page.

Aditya