On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM,   Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>
wrote

> On 6-5-2012 23:18, Robert Blackstone wrote:

>> Sometimes however the example is placed at the same page as the text
>> discussing it.
>> Is there any trick to adapt the reference to this situation, so that,
>> instead of saying, for instance, "ex. 3.4 on page 12", it just says "ex.
>> 3.4", or "ex. 3.4 below" or even "ex. 3.4 on this page"?
>>

> you can try \atpage[ref]

Thank you, Hans, for your quick reply. Unfortunately it does not help me.
The result is basically the same as when I write "on \at{page}[ref]",
except that, instead of "on page 20", I get "at page 20", (with the
float sitting on page 20).
Frankly, I'm rather surprised that this wish of mine seems not to have
come up before.

Kind regards,
Robert