On 06/07/2012 16:32, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

----------------------------snip------------------------------------------------------------

The width of the text area will be typefitted to the body font size using the table in
Bringhurst's "The Elements of Typographic Style." Indeed, this page design
takes its inspiration from that book.

Hope that's not _too_ concrete. :-)

Just a short example:

\setuplayout
   [  backspace=0.10\paperwidth,
          width=0.60\paperwidth,
    rightmargin=0.25\paperwidth,
         footer=0pt,
       topspace=0.10\paperheight,
         height=0.70\paperheight]

\setuplabeltext[en][chapter=Chapter ]

\define[2]\ChapterCommand
   {\inright[][align=middle]{#1}%
    \midaligned{#2}}

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [command=\ChapterCommand,
    header=empty,
    textstyle=\cgd,
    numberstyle=\scb]

\definefontfeature[smallcaps][smallcaps][onum=yes]

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][serif]      [pagella] [default]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][sans]       [modern]  [default]
\definetypeface[mainface][cg][calligraphy][chorus]  [default]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][math]       [palatino][default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext %\showframe

\startchapter[title=Knuth]
\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth\par}
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title=Zapf]
\dorecurse{10}{\input zapf\par}
\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang

Thanks, Wolfgang! I'll give it a shot and study your example so I can learn from it!

Gosh this list is nice! Reminds me of the "good old days" when we used UUCP, bang-paths and C-News to communicate (or the early ARPANET days): polite, expert, very willing to share knowledge &c. An endangered species on today's crass, commercial Internet.

Bill Meahan K8QN

"The pessimist complains about the wind;
 the optimist expects it to change;
 the realist adjusts the sails."

-- William Arthur Ward