> Actually, my original idea/suggestion was actually slightly different
> and would probably not need any additional software to be installed,
> but would not necessary be in scope of this project. I'm still looking
> for a way to have a "smarter" rsync server, so that I could use
> something like
>    rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/suite/context/@tag:2013.12.13T12:13
> texmf-context/
> and rsync would then serve files from a particular branch/tag/sha of a
> git repository, without the need to have different version of

(I'm sorry for the incomplete paragraph.)

I wanted to say that this would allow switching to an arbitrary
version/date of distribution via rsync without having to provide all
those files as flat files on the server. Providing 700 unzipped
version of ConTeXt on the server is definitely not feasible, but the
.git repository of that only consumes 33 MB.

Mojca