On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, pol stra wrote:

Off-topic for this mailing list, but on-topic for you: You can do this
with Inkscape.

* Install Inkscape: http://inkscape.org/download/?lang=en
* Open the EPS in Inkscape

Working white-on-white sucks, so
* File > Document properties > click to the right of 'Background:',
below the Default units dropdown
* Choose something nice and pastel-coloured with alpha (opacity) set
to non-zero.

* Select the object
* Object > Ungroup (Ctrl+Shift+G) to make Inkscape see the individual
paths, instead of a single EPS object
The single rectangle selecting the object has now turned into a heap
of rectangles.
* With the colours at the bottom, set the fill to be red with click
and/or set the stroke to be red with Shift+click

This will probably not have the desired effect because some of the
constituent paths will have black fill+transparent stroke, and with
others it will be the other way round. So you'll have to set
fill/stroke individually.

* Select paths in turn, and set their fill/stroke as appropriate.
Their respective values are shown in the bottom left. If you select
multiple paths and their fill/stroke is different, it will be shown as
"mixed"; when multiple paths' fills/strokes are not mixed they are
identical, and you can change them all at once.

(Depending on ... file-related things ... you may need to use Path >
Object to Path at some point, and possibly Path > Break Apart. But
probably not.)

Good luck!

--Sietse

Thanks Sietse

I already tried the inskape way, but it’s too much work if you have many files
to proced.
But your answer gave me the idea to use imegemagick, so I found this trick:
convert -background none -density 300 -negate a1.EPS bbb.png
I do not know why, but the same command with an EPS output gives me a white
background so I had use a png file.
The result is good enough for me.

If you want to use eps images, why not just use a white background at ConTeXt end (as you had stated in your first message).

Aditya