On Fri, 31 May 2013 06:17:49 +0200
Otared Kavian <ota...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 mai 2013, at 22:40, Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr> wrote:
>
> > […] It is not too surprising that the Mac is buggy, but this is somewhat
> > worrisome.
>
> I don't think the Mac, or the Mac OS X, is buggy… until it is proved that the
> problem is a real one on all Macs.
> The documents produced by mkiv or mkii, the ones I produce and the ones
> produced by Hans and others are searchable, and text can be copied and pasted
> elsewhere.

OK, the situation with the Mac is very strange.
Today (an odd day), we can search for *some* text, but not all words are found.
It does not have to do with special characters or formatting. Simple words.
And the result in the "finder" does not always correspond to that of "preview".

No problem copying and then pasting text.

Investigating the question of fonts, I produced alternate versions using
different fonts.
All of these new files are indexed correctly, including a reprocessed version
using dejavu.
They were all produced using the same context standalone macros and binaries
(as previously)
and without any changes to the source files. My conclusion is that it is
somehow a problem
with some sort of cache on the Mac (that is how searching is quick), indeed a
*bug* somehow
corrupting this cache. So the problem must be real but highly irreproducible,
being highly contingent. The new files were, of course, not indexed and cached.

Conclusion, there is some sort of problem on Macs, but it is *not* with
ConTeXt. Good!

Alan

P.S. Hans must be thinking that I have a problem with *odd* days... ;)