On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> On 11/4/2013 3:34 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> - you can find Gentium at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/gentium-tug (also in
>> TeX Live and in the ConTeXt distribution)
>
> Thank you ... that was key information I didn't have.
> I was instead downloading the TTF files from sil.org.

That TTF should work as well. The only difference is that you might
need slightly different commands to set it up (there were recent
changes/improvements in that, other users should tell you how exactly
that can be done).

> When you say "out of the box", I think you're referring to the
> gentium-tug package box, not the ConTeXt box... in other words, I should
> not expect Gentium to work just because I installed ConTeXt; I have to
> also install gentium-tug, right?

The font is installed by default when installing the ConTeXt
distribution. I thought it was also installed by default with the
ConTeXt scheme in TeX Live, but apparently I was wrong. I can fix
this. The scheme already contains a bunch of nice fonts and Gentium
could/probably should be among them.

Mojca