On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 01/06/2014 10:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 1/6/2014 9:29 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Which one is preferable: luatex or luajittex?
>>
>> both should work although at some point we will move on to > 0.77
>> specific functionality
>>
>> there will be a luajittex 0.78.1 soon (there is already a binary for
>> windows, as Akira always provides the latest greatest)
>>
>> (and as usual the jit version is some 20% faster due to the faster Lua vm)
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans.
>
> I have just updated the ConTeXt Suite (for Linux) and luajittex seems to
> be broken.

Which one? 32-bit or 64-bit linux (linux or linux-64)?

I failed to automatically compile 32-bit binaries (and I would have to
remember how to switch the compiler and simply didn't care enough at
the time to take the effort + we have problems with weirdly
misbehaving subversion without proper understanding what could go
wrong, so some binary builders weren't even able to submit their
binaries). If that fails it might be due to version mismatch which
means that I need to build the binary first.

64-bit binaries claim to be using beta-0.78.1. If that one fails that
you might need to tell what exactly goes wrong so that others can help
you.

Mojca

PS: The list of platforms with too old LuaTeX includes PowerPC & armel
linux + all flavours of (k)freebsd. The only platforms with the latest
luajittex seem to be x86_64-linux and x86_64-darwin. It might be that
some binary builders weren't even aware of the update.