Am 05.02.2014 um 17:30 schrieb Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>:

> On 2/5/2014 11:03 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 05.02.2014 um 16:45 schrieb Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Under mkii we used to have a running footer that appeared below the crop
>>> marks. Under mkiv I can't get that to work.
>>>
>>> The MWE I'm trying (with ConTeXt mkiv from the TeXLive 2013 CD):
>>>
>>> \def\TopText { Top Text }
>>>
>>> \def\BottomText { Bottom Text }
>>>
>>> \def\pagecutmarksymbol {\the\realpageno}
>>>
>>> \def\pagecutmarklength {.5cm}
>>>
>>> \let\pagecutmarktoptext \TopText
>>>
>>> \let\pagecutmarkbottomtext \BottomText
>>>
>>> \setuplayout[marking=text]
>>>
>>> %\setuplayout[marking=on]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \input knuth
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Code like this used to work for us in mkii.
>> Redefining internal commands isn’t a good solution, what you can do is to
>> use a layer to place your texts.
>>

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> When you say "redefining internal commands", is that referring to
> statements like
>
>  \let\pagecutmarktoptext \TopText
>
> ?
>
> AFAICT this is the recommended solution, both on the current wiki
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#Cut_marks) and by Hans
> (http://context.markmail.org/thread/kpayudrtabsti76i) albeit several years
> ago; the current ref man (section 3.4 Page design / page composition) also
> lists marking=TEXT as an option for \setuplayout. If this is correct, how is
> one supposed to specify the text to display?
>
> Am I misunderstanding the documentation, or is it just obsolete?
>
> If we need to implement this using layers, does anyone have a recent
> example of using a layer to place a running footer outside the crop marks?

\setuppapersize[A4][A3]

\setuplayout[location=middle,marking=on]

\setupbodyfont[modern]

\definelayer[cropmark][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=cropmark]

\setlayer[cropmark][preset=middlebottom,y=-\lineheight]{Bottom Text}
\setlayer[cropmark][preset=middletop,y=-\lineheight]{Top Text}

\starttext
\input knuth
\stoptext

Wolfgang