Am 12.02.2014 um 16:50 schrieb Rudolf Bahr <qu...@quasi.de>:

> Hi All,
>
> in the following two code examples I tried to place text in columns on a
> background image.
> The first example, partly achieved by plain TeX commands is ok, even
> narrowering works.
> Have a look at the attached .pdf file.
>
> The second example isn't ok. Neither narrowering nor putting the text into
> columns work.
> Though the code of the first example is completely good enough for me, I'd
> like to learn where my
> mistakes in the 2. example are. Any ideas?

You have to use boxedcolumns environment because the normal columns environment
doesn’t work in a frame.

\setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]

\starttext

\defineoverlay[muh][{\externalfigure[cow][width=\overlaywidth,
height=\overlayheight]}]

\startframed[width=max,height=0.4\textheight,background=muh,align=right,foregroundcolor=darkred]%
  \startboxedcolumns[n=3]
  It was a dark and stormy night. The rain came down in tons. The old captain
  said: \quotation{Antonio, come and tell us a story!} And Antonio began as
follows:
  \quotation{It was a dark and stormy night. The rain ...}
  \stopboxedcolumns
\stopframed

\stoptext

Wolfgang