Am 14.02.2014 um 07:11 schrieb Rudolf Bahr <qu...@quasi.de>:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:52:44AM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> You have to use boxedcolumns environment because the normal columns
>> environment doesn’t work in a frame.
>>
>> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \defineoverlay[muh][{\externalfigure[cow][width=\overlaywidth,
>> height=\overlayheight]}]
>>
>> \startframed[width=max,height=0.4\textheight,background=muh,align=right,foregroundcolor=darkred]%
>>  \startboxedcolumns[n=3]
>>  It was a dark and stormy night. The rain came down in tons. The old captain
>>  said: \quotation{Antonio, come and tell us a story!} And Antonio began as
>> follows:
>>  \quotation{It was a dark and stormy night. The rain ...}
>>  \stopboxedcolumns
>> \stopframed
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Yes, that's it, what I didn't know: boxedcolumns. Your example works very
> well, even with inserted
> narrower environment:
>
> \startframed[...]
>  \startnarrower
>    \startboxedcolumns[n=3]
>    \stopboxedcolumns
>  \stopnarrower
> \stopframed
>
> Many thanks, Wolfgang, for your patient explanation! You helped me so many
> times!

Why do you want to use the narrower environment in a frame, when you want to
change only the left and right margins you can use the loffset and roffset keys.

\starttext

\startframed[align=right,width=max]
  \input knuth
\stopframed

\startframed[align=right,width=max,loffset=2cm,roffset=4cm]
  \input knuth
\stopframed

\stoptext

Wolfgang