Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> writes:

>> This is with Context 2013.05.28 00:36 MKIV (TL2013 on Debian).
>
> the beta works ok .. are there any messages with respect to missing
> fonts or map files?

FYI, with recent betas (2014.05.17 from a context standalone or
2014.05.21 from Debian TL2014), I still find the problem with the
internal mptopdf converter dropping glyphs.  I work around it in the
Makefile (convert using mptopdf externally).  However, in case it is
worth tracking down, here is the original report with the minimal
example.

==================

The internal mptopdf converter in MkIV omits some glyphs in the labels.
Here's a minimal example (test.tex):

\starttext

\externalfigure[testfig.1][frame=on]
\blank
\externalfigure[testfig-1.pdf][frame=on]

\stoptext

And testfig.1 is produced by testfig.mp

beginfig(1)
label(btex $\Omega$ etex, (0,0));
currentpicture := currentpicture scaled 5;
endfig;
end

Here's testfig.1 to save a step in debugging:

%!PS
%%BoundingBox: -18 -18 18 18
%%HiResBoundingBox: -17.98805 -17.0195 17.98798 17.0195
%%Creator: MetaPost 1.803
%%CreationDate: 2013.08.09:1612
%%Pages: 1
%*Font: cmr10 49.81323 9.96265 0a:8
%%BeginProlog
%%EndProlog
%%Page: 1 1
 0 0 0 setrgbcolor
-17.98805 -17.0195 moveto
(\012) cmr10 49.81323 fshow
showpage
%%EOF

Then do:

  mptopdf testfig.1
  context test.tex
  xpdf test.pdf

The first framed box, using the internal mps->pdf conversion, is empty.
The second framed go, using the pdf file produced by mptopdf, correctly
contains \Omega.