Almost all of the tables I generate via code, not by hand, so I found it more
convenient to include a trailing % because I occasionally did run across an
instance where it mattered, and wasn't (and am not) sufficiently skilled at
TeX/ConTeXt to know how to predict those occurrences.

It's somewhat similar for always wrapping the contents in {}, I thought I had
run into some cases in the past where it was necessary, so just include them
always rather than manually add them with the content when they are required.
Are there negative consequences (performance, memory usage, ...) to writing it
as I did?  Or is the difference just cosmetic?

Best regards,
Brian