On 12/21/2014 11:51 AM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 23:26:29 +0100, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> You don’t need to define a typescript. \definefontfamily is the command
>> you need.
>>
>> Typeface should be defined only once ([rm] and [serif] are redundant).
>
> essentially, I copied/pasted this from contextgarden and my understanding
> was that `rm' and `serif' are aliases?
>
> also: why does the typescript definition does not work in the first place?

Hi Jörg,

"rm" and "serif" are aliases

Your typescript definition seems to be lacking previous definitions,
according to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Paratype_typescript_for_mkiv.

I must say that never defined typescripts, because I never needed them.

>> I think it is easier to invoke typefaces with the system font name. I
>> mean, use the same name as you use in Word or any other MacOS X program.
>
> understood. OTOH, ` mtxrun --script font --list --name --pattern=*' lists
> the fonts using a different convention (lower case, no blanks), so I am
> undecided what might be the "best practice" here?

I would say that best practice is the one that suits your needs best.

If there is one, I don”t know it. But Using system names is easier to
remember (I think).

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk