On 12/21/2014 02:31 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 23:26:29 +0100, Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jörg,
>> I don’t have a Mac, but this works in ConTeXt:
>> \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [TeX Gyre Pagella]
>> \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans]  [Helvetica]
>> \definefontfamily [mainface] [mono]  [Courier]
>> \definefontfamily [mainface] [math]  [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
>> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> I've now looked a bit closer: this works (on my Mac) _except_ for
> the teletype font: `\tt{some text}' ends up being typeset in the
> serif font. `Courier' is there, for sure (meaning: it is listed by
> `mtxrun --script font...' but it does not work. on closer inspection,
> the actually found fontfiles are `courier new.ttf' and specifying
> [couriernew] _does_ work.

Hi Jörg,

\tt is a switch, so the right way to deploy it is:

   {\tt this text should be typewritten text}

I have just discovered that Courier doesn’t work on my system either. I
cannot find it.

Could you give the output from the following command?

    $ mtxrun --script font --list --name --pattern=courier*

> so it seems you are right regarding using the "full" names, e.g.
>
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans]  [adventor]
>
> does not work while
>
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans]  [TeX Gyre Adventor]
>
> does.
>
> any ideas, why all this is happening?

    \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans]  [texgyreadventor]

seems to be the right way to invoke the font.

> or: _how_ exactly can fonts be specified? how is the mapping from
> symbolic names to actual font files performed. it seems, sometimes
> symbolic (short) names work, sometimes they don't. so, is there some
> prescription, what is the right (TM) way to do it?>

I think using full names is a good way to do it. But TeX Gyre Adventor
comes with ConTeXt. You don’t have it installed on your system.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk