On 01/14/2015 06:55 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Using ConTeXt (not emacs, markdown, or other such things...) you can
> indeed export to xml, xhtml, and create epub files.
> [...]
> The xhtml file can be read in a browser.
> (some tools seem to have problem with the hyphen=yes option)

I don’t know whether it makes sense to add discretionary hyphens to
texts, ewhen a browser can hyphenate it
(http://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/h/hyphenate/).

This would make also searching harder.

And my experience with ePub readers (Adobe Reader Mobile 9) is that they
are interpreted as zero-width spaces
(http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28139).

BTW, ARM 9 doesn’t handle zero-width spaces right either. It interprets
them as standard spaces.

> There must be some way to get this into Word...

pandoc may be the way.

I say “may be” instead of “is” because pandoc ignores some attributes
when converting from XHTML
(http://pandoc.org/try/?text=%3Cp%3EThis+is+sample+with+a+foreign+word%3A+%3Cem+lang%3D%22de%22%3EFremdsprache%3C%2Fem%3E.%3C%2Fp%3E&from=html&to=markdown).

Just in case it helps,

Pablo