> Am 13.04.2015 um 01:29 schrieb Csikos Bela <bcsikos...@freemail.hu>:
>
> Hello context users:
>
> I would like to insert symbols into my document, especially black-diamond and
> losenge
> symbols. I read symbols page at contextgarden but still don't know how to do
> it.
>
> I also tried \showsymbolset[was] etc but the symbols but I did not find these
> (and many
> other symbols either) in the output pages.
>
> I found that symb-imp-mis.mkiv file defines this symbol (line 49) but I don't
> know how to
> make it show. Do I have to load specific symbol fonts? If yes how can I find
> out which font has the given symbols?
>
> What I tried so far included:
>
> % begin code
> \usesymbols[imp-mis]
> \starttext
>
> ◆
>
> \blackdiamond
>
> \symbol [blackdiamond]
> % end code
>
> None of these show anything.

The symbols in the file symb-imp-mis.mkiv are loaded by default because context
uses
them for the itemise environment but a few of them have to be enabled before
you can
use them and even then you need a font which contains them, e.g. DejaVu.

%%%% begin example
\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\setupsymbolset[text]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|l|c|]
\NC \bf Name      \NC \bf Symbol              \NC\NR
\TB
\NC bullet        \NC \symbol [bullet]        \NC\NR
\NC dash          \NC \symbol [dash]          \NC\NR
\NC star          \NC \symbol [star]          \NC\NR
\NC triangle      \NC \symbol [triangle]      \NC\NR
\NC circle        \NC \symbol [circle]        \NC\NR
\NC square        \NC \symbol [square]        \NC\NR
\NC diamond       \NC \symbol [diamond]       \NC\NR
\TB
\NC blacktriangle \NC \symbol [blacktriangle] \NC\NR
\NC blacksquare   \NC \symbol [blacksquare]   \NC\NR
\NC blackdiamond  \NC \symbol [blackdiamond]  \NC\NR
\TB
\NC 1             \NC \symbol [1]             \NC\NR
\NC 2             \NC \symbol [2]             \NC\NR
\NC 3             \NC \symbol [3]             \NC\NR
\NC 4             \NC \symbol [4]             \NC\NR
\NC 5             \NC \symbol [5]             \NC\NR
\NC 6             \NC \symbol [6]             \NC\NR
\NC 7             \NC \symbol [7]             \NC\NR
\NC 8             \NC \symbol [8]             \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext
%%%% end example

When you need characters like the mentioned losenge you should better look for
a font
which contains it and create a new typeface for it or set a fallback font which
add the
characters to the main font of your document.

Wolfgang