I’ve come across a snag. When using parentheses in Arabic footnotes, they are
flipped. In any earlier email
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/91501/match=setupdirections+bidi+global),
 you had advised adding the following:

> \startsetups[note:footnote]
>   \setupdirections[bidi=global]
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupnote[footnote][setups=note:footnote] % align=righttoleft

However, if one does this with your patch, the second footnote gets dropped.
Here is the MWE:

> \unprotect
>
> \def\strc_notes_flush_global
>   {\begingroup
>    \useinterlinespaceparameter\noteparameter
>    \doifelse{\noteparameter\c!paragraph}\v!yes
>      {%\vbox\starthboxestohbox
>       \vbox\ifconditional\displaylefttoright \else dir TRT
> \fi\starthboxestohbox
>         \iftrialtypesetting\unvcopy\else\unvbox\fi\currentnoteinsertionnumber
>       \stophboxestohbox}
>
> {\iftrialtypesetting\unvcopied\else\unvboxed\fi\currentnoteinsertionnumber}%
>    \endgroup}
>
> \protect
>
> \definefontfamily[mainface][serif][ALMFixed][features=arabic,range=arabic,]
> \setupbodyfont [mainface]
>
> \startsetups[note:footnote]
>    \setupdirections[bidi=global]
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupnote[footnote][paragraph=yes,align=righttoleft,setups=note:footnote,]
> \setupnotation[footnote][align=righttoleft,alternative=serried,]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> First note.\footnote{هذه هي (التعليقة) الأولى.}
> Second note.\footnote{هذه هي (التعليقة) الثانية.}
>
> \stoptext

All the best,
Talal