On 8/11/2015 12:41 PM, Jan U. Hasecke wrote:
Am 11.08.2015 um 11:46 schrieb Hans Hagen:
On 8/11/2015 11:12 AM, Jan U. Hasecke wrote:

As far as I understood selnoligs works with regular expressions (black
magic!). It is very time consuming, but CPU time is cheap. ;-)

sure but life is still short so i prefer less runtime over cheap runtime

Absolutely right:

LuaLaTeX run with selnoligs:

real    18m39.101s
user    18m40.335s
sys       0m1.624s

LuaLaTeX run without selnoligs:

real    11m50.577s
user    11m51.438s
sys       0m1.783s

But as I used pandoc in this project I had no chance to correct the
ligatures by hand. And if I had I would have needed seven days instead
of seven minutes more runtime.

a couple of times 7 minutes i guess -)

But I am offtopic.

Whatever. In Context it's not that slow. In a worst case your 1000 pages are text only which takes 17.91 sec without and 18.95 sec with suppression enabled (0.14 s loop overhead), so some 5% extra runtime.

\replaceword[more][slffl][sl{ff}l]
\replaceword[more][slfful][sl{ff}ul]
\replaceword[more][shlfful][shl{ff}ul]
\replaceword[more][shelfful][shel{ff}ul]

\startbuffer
    \testfeatureonce{100}{
        \dorecurse{10} {
            test 1 test 2 test 3 test 4 test 5
            shelfful
            test 6 test 7 test 8 test 9 test 0
        }
        \par
    }
\stopbuffer

\starttext
    \getbuffer \page
    \setreplacements[more]
    \getbuffer
\stoptext

Btw, a 11 minutes baseline sounds like a lot to me.

Thanks again for the solution.

juh