On 02/03/2016 02:18 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Dear list,
>> [...]
>> Hyphenation is wrong with fonts that don’t come with the ConTeXt
>> distribution. TeX Gyre Pagella is hyphenated right, but MinionPro or
>> even TeX Gyre Pagella Math are wrong hyphenated.
>>
>> I’m afraid it may be a bug. Could anyone confirm it?
>
> to what extend hyphenation is supported depends on the interaction
> between ligature building / kerning / trickery and possible hyohenation
> points; the font handler tries to do its best

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

I reported the issue in the opposite way it happens:

    \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][MinionPro]
    \definefontfamily[anotherface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface]

    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
    \hyphenatedword{LibreOffice libre office}

    \setupbodyfont[anotherface]%
    \hyphenatedword{LibreOffice libre office}
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

The ff-ligature prevents hyphenation with TeX Gyre Pagella, but not with
MinionPro. (This is the opposite of what I reported before.)

> math: don't use math fonts for text

I never do it. Reported only for the record.

Sorry for the previous inaccurate report. Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk