On 2016-03-01 15:35:07 +0000, Aditya Mahajan said:

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016, Nicola wrote:

I'm using the latest beta, and I need syntax coloring for SQL
(PostgreSQL variant). According to the wiki, there is no SQL
syntax coloring available for MKIV yet, but I'd be happy to
be wrong :)

You can use the vim module:

https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/master/vim-README.md

That's a pretty impressive module, thanks! I didn't know about it.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Vim's SQL highlighting is a bit peculiar, in that a user is allowed to set
a SQL dialect (:h sql-dialects) with SQLSetType or by setting
g:sql_type_default or b:sql_type_override. For example, the effect of putting

   let g:sql_type_default='pgsql'

in my vimrc is that, when a sql buffer is created, Vim searches for
syntax/pgsql.vim instead of the default syntax file (sqloracle.vim, I think).
Note that the filetype remains 'sql'. I have tried to set a SQL dialect inside
a \startvimrc/\stopvimrc block, but without success (if that matters, I have
this plugin in my ~/.vim folder: https://github.com/lifepillar/pgsql.vim).
I have also tried \definevimtyping[SQL][syntax=pgsql], but then I don't get
any highlighting, which makes me think that the module does not search my
~/.vim folder. Does the module work only with syntaxes in core Vim?

2) Are pscolor and blackandwhite the only possibilities to customize the
colors? This is important, I need the syntax highlighting to match my
document's colors.

Finally, your Readme tells to use \definevimtyping[...][...], but I have found
that I need to use put all the options together: \defienvimtyping[...].

Nicola