On 2016-03-02 14:45:54 +0000, Aditya Mahajan said:

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016, Nicola wrote:

On 2016-03-02 02:14:33 +0000, Aditya Mahajan said:

I do not load the default vimrc, because that drastically slows down the
module.

That makes sense. So, Vim is run with something like `vim -u NONE`, I guess.

Yes. And if the vimrc option is used, then it is saved on file, and vim -u \vimrc_filename is run.

Crystal clear, thanks!

\startvimrc[name=pgsql]
set nocompatible
set runtimepath+=~/.vim/bundle/pgsql
let g:sql_type_default='pgsql'
% ...
\stopvimrc

I will add a note to the docs about runtimepath. When I wrote the module, bundle was not popular, but it is the default now.

I use Pathogen, and `bundle` is its default path for plugins. But recently
Vim has introduced a feature called `packages` in the core (:h packages), so
one may expect that in the future the default will be `pack`.

Nicola