On 9/11/2016 3:46 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016, Otared Kavian wrote:

Hi Hans,

Following up the previous bug report, I tried the latest version,
ConTeXt  ver: 2016.09.09 08:21 MKIV beta, and noticed that you have
solved one part of the problem with the placement of equation numbers
on the left, when using \startalign.
Actually the location of those equation numbers is correct as far as
the horizontal distance is concerned, but it is not vertically.
In the attached PDF (which is the result of the following example) one
can see that equation number (5) is placed on the grid line 10, while
it shoul dbe placed on line 11 in alignment with the corresponding
formula. Moreover equation number (4) does not show up at all (that
number should be placed a little bit below line 9 of the grid).

I think that we need to create a test suite for math alignment. The
sources for my old article on math alignment could be the initial source
of examples.

fyi: one reason for 'issues' is that i try to simply these alignment mechanisms so that they can be controlled better for use in framed and such (local vs page stream usage) and spacing and so .. we'll get there eventually