Jan Willem Flamma <mailto:jwfregis...@icloud.com>
14. Oktober 2016 um 10:12
Dear list members,

I create all my MetaFun drawings in a separate environment file where each individual drawing sits inside a start/stopbuffer. This allows me to easily use those drawings in all my documents using \processMPbuffer[name]. Works just fine.

However, I also wish to have all the drawing available in a pdf file (each drawing on a separate page). This allows me to split the pdf and use the drawing elsewhere (e.g. in a Powerpoint) or include page(s) from the pdf in another document.

The below MWE represent my MetaFun drawings file.
The idea is that by uncommenting the \enablemode[makepdf] I can create the pdf file with drawings. It seems however that startMPpage does not accept buffers (I also tried processbuffer and processMPbuffer).

Is it possible to somehow make this work?
You can use

    \startTEXpage
        \processMPbuffer[…]
    \stopTEXpage

but loading a buffer in MPpage doesn’t work because the content of the environment is just passed to MetaPost and buffers can’t be loaded inside MetaPost code unless
Hans adds a function for this, e.g.

    \startMPcode
        buffer("mybuffer")
    \stopMPcode