On 2016-11-19 20:48, Rik Kabel wrote:
This was submitted over a year ago, but probably got lost in the run-up to the 2015 annual meeting. It is still a problem with ConTeXt ver: 2016.11.18 22:20 MKIV beta fmt: 2016.11.19 int: english/english luajittex, 1.0.1. I am happy to provide a pdf and log file, or other traces, if that helps.

%% When tagging state=start and the font is ebgaramond,
%%  no hyphens are printed at word breaks.
%%
%% When tagging state=start and the font is libertine,
%%  or any font other than ebgaramond that I have tried,
%%  hyphens are printed at word breaks.
%%
%% When tagging is not started and the font is ebgaramond,
%%  hyphens _are_ printed at word breaks.
%%

 \setuptagging[state=start]% remove this line for comparison
 \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond]% \setupbodyfont[libertine]

 \starttext

   \hsize7cm

   \input zapf \par
   \input zapf \par
   \input zapf \par
   \input zapf \par
   \input zapf \par
   \input zapf \par
 \stoptext

Bug, or error on my part?

Hmmm, it does work (the hyphenation, at least) with TL2016. Both logs show the same font files and typescript files.

--
Rik