On 11/20/2016 6:17 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
On 2016-11-20 11:51, Rik wrote:
On 2016-11-20 05:52, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 11/20/2016 3:39 AM, Rik wrote:
On 2016-11-19 20:58, Rik Kabel wrote:
Hmmm, it does work (the hyphenation, at least) with TL2016. Both logs
show the same font files and typescript files.

Sorry, I did not mean to say the same files, but files identical in
content. The TL files are all from the TL directory. The standalone
files are from the standalone distribution and from my Windows font
directory. The font files originally were not the same version; TL2015
has version 0.016+, while my Windows font directory had version 0.016.
The typescript files are identical, one in the \ConTeXt directory, one
in the TL2016 directory.

When I installed the TL2016 version of the fonts as system fonts (and
cleared the font cache) I still have the problem. So, identical files,
but different locations.

And the garden distribution? I see hyphens.
Problem solved. Windows keeps multiple versions of a font file, even
when it says it is replacing. A bit of file maintenance and all is
well. Thank you for confirming that you see hyphens.

I still do not understand why \setuptagging[state=start] made a
difference. Something there is hinky[1].

[1] Someone, or something, may be said to be hinky if it acts in a
manner that arouses suspicion. The origin is obscure.

hard to comment when i cannot reproduce it