Hi Arthur,

Thanks a lot for your advise. I'm looking forward to the mechanism you're
talking to (streams) and I don't give up for testing a useful kind of
typesetting where the goal is to place 2 or 3 parallel paragraphs into columns
on the even page (e. g. mainly greek & latin & modern language) with 'criticus
apparatus' on different levels in the footnotes, with commentary on the odd
page.

It seems that this combination with specific rulles for the even page (where
the 2 or more parallel paragraphs are defined) aims some complex difficulties
(because we have to synchronize the odd page text in facing the left page's
text). There are some examples with LaTeX reledmac commands here :
https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/reledmac/examples (work
done by Maieul Rouquette and alii).

I've founded enumerations of such issues in order to compose a text on a double
page with 'reledpar' and 'reledmac' packages in LaTeX here :
http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/mirrors/ctan/macros/latex/contrib/reledmac/reledpar.pdf
 (the document is 126 pages long). And for 'reledmac' package :
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/reledmac/reledmac.pdf (422
pages).

I'll try to make some 'meaningful feature' step by step, in order to clarify
what kind of issues we are confronting to. At the moment, the main issue would
be to fix the parralel text (greek/latin) on the same columns on following
pages in a page with footnotes (because the greek text - or latin - don't stay
at the right place).

Well, whatever the whole problem is, thank you very much to help me to clarify
the situation.
JP