On 4/16/2017 3:06 PM, Hans Åberg wrote:

On 16 Apr 2017, at 12:51, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 4/15/2017 10:42 AM, Hans Åberg wrote:
Since Luaotfload is extracted from ConTeXt, I figure people here will know this:

In the code below, math mode '.' and ',' are translated into ':'and ';', which
seems to occur because that is what ASCII/Unicode has in those positions,
unlike CMMI. So how to correct this?

The issue is really trying to find get texinfo.tex working with Unicode fonts
using LuaTeX, as it probably does not work with ConTeXt. (Later versions of the
former use LuaTeX UTF-8 directly without translations.)

There is a luatex-math.tex file in the context distribution that you can look
in .. basically you need to define the proper math character mapping (context
ship swith a plain setup too).

It works with texinfo: just include it, but it seems keeping luatex-math.lua in
the directory speeds up compilation. I used the code below at the beginning of
the .texi file.

i don't understand the speed issue ... maybe you need to adapt the texinput path variable so that it can find the file in the tex tree

----
\input luaotfload.sty
\input luatex-math.tex

\font\stix={file:STIX-Regular.otf}

Just look into the luatex-math.tex file to see how to properly define a math family set, you can create a \stix macro analogue to the \lucidabright and \latinmodern ones.

fwiw, here i test plain with:

mtxrun --script plain --make

and

mtxrun --script plain somefile