Hi Mikael,

I agree with what you are reporting: the current behavior of the \prime
operator is not completely satisfying when using ConTeXt mkiv, while in mkii it
is the most satisfying (in my opinion…).

The turn around consisting in using $f^{‘’}$ or  $f^{\prime\prime}$, or even
$f^{{}^{\prime\prime}}$, is not really satisfying either.

But I think (or I hope that) at some point Hans will fix it in mkiv.

Best regards: OK