Hi Mikael and Otared,

I can confirm issues regarding primes, too. If you are using the STIX 2 fonts
(http://www.stixfonts.org <http://www.stixfonts.org/>) and my example below you
get a somewhat strange behaviour of primes that is pretty obvious. I think the
issues should be fixed.

By the way the issue seems to depend to some extend on the fonts. Using Lucida
by \setupbodyfont[lucidaot] it is not that obvious but still present. Using
Latin Modern it seems that the spacing between the primes changes between f''
and f^{''}. Cambria seems to show that behaviour (like Latin Modern), too, but
less obvious.

Best regards
Mathias

%% example
\unprotect

\definefontfeature
        [stixtwo-math-feature]
        [kern=yes,
                ss01=no,    % calligraphic letters
                ss02=yes,       % lowercase italic variants (e.g. open g)
                ss03=no,        % hbar und lambdabar variants
                ss04=yes,       % larger and lower primes, minute etc.
                ss05=no,        % shorter arrows
                ss06=no,        % narrower and shorter element and similar
symbols
                ss07=no,        % some smaller operators and emptyset variant
                ss08=yes,       % upright integrals etc.
                ss09=no,        % variant negated symbols
                ss10=yes,       % variants of greater and lesser and similar
symbols
                ss11=yes,       % variant of negated set (inclusion etc.)
symbols
                ss14=yes,       %
                ss16=yes]       % variants of circled operators

\starttypescriptcollection[Stix2]

        \starttypescript [\s!serif] [Stix2] [\s!all]
                \definefontsynonym
            [Stix2Regular]
            [file:STIX2Text-Regular.otf]
        \definefontsynonym
            [Stix2Bold]
            [file:STIX2Text-Bold.otf]
        \definefontsynonym
            [Stix2Italic]
            [file:STIX2Text-Italic.otf]
        \definefontsynonym
            [Stix2BoldItalic]
            [file:STIX2Text-BoldItalic.otf]
        \definefontsynonym[\s!Serif] [Stix2Regular] [\s!features=\s!default]
        \definefontsynonym[\s!SerifBold] [Stix2Bold] [\s!features=\s!default]
        \definefontsynonym[\s!SerifItalic] [Stix2Italic]
[\s!features=\s!default]
        \definefontsynonym[\s!SerifBoldItalic] [Stix2BoldItalic]
[\s!features=\s!default]
    \stoptypescript

    \starttypescript [\s!math] [Stix2]
        \definefontsynonym
            [Stix2Math]
            [file:STIX2Math.otf]
            [features=math\mathsizesuffix]
        \definefontsynonym [\s!MathRoman] [Stix2Math]
[\s!features={\s!math\mathsizesuffix,mathextra,stixtwo-math-feature},\s!designsize=\s!auto]
    \stoptypescript

    \starttypescript [Stix2]
        \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [\s!rm] [\s!serif] [Stix2] [\s!default]
        \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [\s!mm] [\s!math] [Stix2] [\s!default]
    \stoptypescript

\stoptypescriptcollection

\protect

\setupbodyfont[Stix2]

\starttext
%
Compare $f'$ to $(f')$ and to $f''$, $(f'')$, $f^{''}$ and $(f^{''})$.
%
\stoptext
%% end of example