On 7/24/2017 11:41 PM, Sebastian L. wrote:
Yes it helps, thanks; it explains why there was so little response to this. ;) After some search I found regular style pictures of it. I was sure, that it was italic as standard, because that's what "modern" suggests: compability for current regulations (i.e. regular constants, italic variables) as well as an attractive style overall. But since Neo Euler seems to have no italic style, it is of no use for academic purposes, like in my case.

originally "euler" is a math companion font to "concrete" and it's not trivial to make en euler with all text styles (maybe some day the tex gyre project will give it a try) .. btw, the same is true for sans fonts: at some point one runs out of distinctive features

btw, it also fits with pagella (see type-imp-euler)

The story, to add to the subject of the mail, in case somebody searches the archive for this, is that I wasn't able to find out is how to change the math font only, as i like the standard font with \setupbodyfont[sans] as global setup but not the style of (non-modern) Euler.
I tried

\definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Xits Math]

most users who mess with fonts either use the selectfont mechanism or peek into the type-imp files to see how to set up a combination

but this changes the whole typeface; not what I want.
So the trick is to define the standard font for the rest of the font variations. The standard font can be found out with \showbodyfont. At least that's what it suggests. But it gives you "modern-design" as font. When you use this within \definefontfamily then it gives you nothing, because the real id of the standard font is "modern". So to change the math font only and keep the main font standard, you have to use this command group (just in case somebody looks for it):

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Modern] % = serif
\definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [Modern] % = sans
\definefontfamily [mainface] [tt] [Modern] % = mono (teletype)
\definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Xits Math] [rscale=1.03] % = math

But as this seems to be so trivial, that few people care, I really have to wonder why people who test CTX criticise the lack of documentation. We (especially who haven't been through LaTeX or even TeX) seem to be a minority.

In what sense?

Anyway, there is quite some documentation (also about fonts) available (and the context distribution documentation section has examples).

Cheers and thanks, S.