Am 27.08.2017 um 21:49 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
> On 08/27/2017 08:23 PM, Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Am 27.08.2017 um 19:24 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>>> [...]
>>> Since we have ICC profiles in the ConTeXt Garden
>>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDFX#ICC_profiles,
>>> http://dl.contextgarden.net/misc/iccprofiles/complete_ICC_profiles.zip),
>>> I wonder why they aren’t part of the ConTeXt Suite.
>>
>> Because they are hardly used (simply judging from feedback). Not enough
>> to justify a file size increase of 26.2 MByte.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> how about limiting the number of profiles to the basic ones? Or how
> about an option in first-setup.sh named --icc-profiles?

Different locations need different profiles. That's why there are also
the region related archives (Europe, India, Japan and USA).
You can't divide it any further than that.

>> In theory you can use the environment variable $OSCOLORDIR, but it was
>> dropped years ago. There were no complains or error reports about that,
>> so no changes were made.
>
> Either I don’t get your point, or $OSCOLORDIR won’t work in practice.

Exactly, it doesn't work. It's still mentioned in the partly outdated
information on the garden, but there is no 'OSCOLORDIR' string anywhere
in the context tree.

>> Would still be the cleanest solution though. Copy the icc files once in
>> the corresponding directory of your OS (so that all apps can make use of
>> them), set the environment variable manually, and done.
>
> I would have to do that with thirty computers. And probably I would have
> to ask for permissions to copy the profiles (and set system-wide
> environment variables). When a computer would have a full OS reinstall
> (something far beyond my control), I would have to do that again for
> that computer.
>
> As far as I maintain ConTeXt in a common server and we use it for very
> specific tasks, we only have the ConTeXt Suite installed once.
>
> Sorry, but this isn’t practical for me (we’d only use the profiles with
> ConTeXt).

I see. Still no love for 'OSCOLORDIR'. R.I.P. :D

> Many thanks for your help,

No problem, you are welcome. Looks to me like you are solving the
problem by yourself. I guess a module is a good idea.

> Pablo

Peter