On 2/11/2018 2:17 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018, Hans Hagen wrote:

Think different ... see end.

\startluacode

    document.speakerdata = {
        {
            speakername = "Gauss",
            title       = "Remarks on Number Theory",
            time        = "8am",
            room        = "B",
            day         = "Monday",
        },
        {
            speakername = "Ampère",
            title       = "What is Magnetism",
            time        = "10am",
            room        = "A",
            day         = "Monday",
        },
        {
            speakername = "Dirac",
            title       = "Quaternions and the wave equation",
            time        = "11am",
            room        = "B",
            day         = "Tuesday",
        },
    }

\stopluacode

I prefer starting with XML and converting it to a lua table using helper functions. The advantage of XML is that you can verify the data using an RNC schema.
i must admit that i never validate xml .. probably also because most xml we get is invalid or has element abuse anyway so one has to look into what one gets and act upon interferences