On 05/17/2018 09:03 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> On 17 May 2018, at 10:31, Taco Hoekwater <t...@elvenkind.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, perhaps someone can answer me this? I tried the ffi/curl code,
>> and the network stuff works, but only when I comment out the write
>> callback:
>>
>>  lcurl.curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION,
>> ffi.cast("callback",discard));
>>
>> If I dont, I get an error message from ffi that is:
>>
>>  unable to convert argument 3 from cdata<unsigned long long (*)(void*,
>> unsigned long long, unsigned long long, void*)> to cdata<vararg>
>>  stack traceback:
>>      [C]: in function 'curl_easy_setopt'
>>      [ctxlua]:42: in function 'check_status'
>>      [ctxlua]:1: in main chunk
>>
>> And I have no idea what that actually means or how to fix it?
>
> FYI: fixed by updating luatex.

Hi Taco,

Actually you don't really need to set the WRITEFUNCTION callback of
libcurl.  I only set it to the "discard" function which simply return
the number of bytes it got, such that libcurl doesn't print the header
information to stdout.  You could also plug a different function in
there if you wanted to process the headers.  I will soon post an
annotated version of the code with more proper error-checking on the list.

Cheers, Henri