Dear gang,

Here's an interesting one, attached and below:

=======
\setuphead[chapter]   [alternative=normal]
\setuphead[subsection][alternative=text]
\setuphead[subsection][criterium=local,distance=0em,sectionstopper=.]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={First},reference={}]
\startsubsection%[title={First}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\startsubsection%[title={Second}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={Second},reference={}]
\startsubsection%[title={}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\startsubsection%[title={}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\stopchapter
\stoptext
=======

Our subsections do not have titles. The space between the subsection numeral and the text is too large, even with

distance=0em

Negative distances don't behave well - toggle lines 4 and 5.

What can we do to control the space between numeral and text? Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor