You have to change the value of textdistance.

\setuphead
  [subsubsection]
  [alternative=text,
   distance=0pt,
   textdistance=.5em]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={First}]

\startsubsubsection
\input ward
\stopsubsubsection

\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang
Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <mailto:idris.ha...@colostate.edu>
25. Juni 2018 um 04:45
Dear gang,

Here's an interesting one, attached and below:

=======
\setuphead[chapter]   [alternative=normal]
\setuphead[subsection][alternative=text]
\setuphead[subsection][criterium=local,distance=0em,sectionstopper=.]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={First},reference={}]
\startsubsection%[title={First}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\startsubsection%[title={Second}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={Second},reference={}]
\startsubsection%[title={}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\startsubsection%[title={}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\stopchapter
\stoptext
=======

Our subsections do not have titles. The space between the subsection numeral and the text is too large, even with

distance=0em

Negative distances don't behave well - toggle lines 4 and 5.

What can we do to control the space between numeral and text? Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Idris
25. Juni 2018 um 13:41
To number paragraphs you can create a counter with \definelabel.

\definelabel[Paragraph][text=,numberstopper={.},headcommand=\groupedcommand{}{
}]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={First},reference={}]

\Paragraph\input ward

\Paragraph\input ward

\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={Second},reference={}]

\Paragraph\input ward

\Paragraph\input ward

\stopchapter

\stoptext