On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Robert Zydenbos wrote:

A simple footnote question this time. I would like to print endnotes at the end of every chapter in my book, and then reset the footnote counter so that in the next chapter the first note will be ‘1’ again. I suppose this should be done by means of \setupfootnotes – but with which parameter?

\setupnotation[footnote][way=bychapter]

\starttext
\dorecurse{5}
{\startchapter[title=New Chapter]
  \dorecurse{5}{\input ward\footnote{A quote by ward}}
\stopchapter}
\stoptext

With regard to your other thread about documentation of footnotes, the way I understand it is that \setupnotation is used to configure how the actual footnote is displayed and setupnotation has similar options to \setupdescription. So, alternative=serried corresponds to a similar option for descriptions.

Note that the above is for MkIV. For MkII, I think that you need \setupfootnotes insted of \setupnotation[footnote].

Aditya