On 25.09.18 09:56, Marco Patzer wrote:
> In general it shouldn't be too hard to create two variables, “bleed”
> and “shortfold” and make the rest dependent on those two. But this
> didn't work for page shift when I tried. Probably because I didn't
> really grasp how pageshift works.

\definemeasure
        [bleed]
        [3mm]

I used this value to generalize the A4-flyer dimensions.

\definepapersize
        [A4-flyer]
        [width=\dimexpr297mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax,
         height=\dimexpr210mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax]

But horizontal pageshift is beyond my grasp.

I can't see how to generalize the values.

This example of yours works with 1mm bleed.

\definepageshift
  [flyer]
  [horizontal]
  [-2mm, 1mm, 1mm, 6.8mm, 1mm, -2mm]

This seems to work with 2mm bleed:

\definepageshift
  [flyer]
  [horizontal]
  [-1mm, 2mm, 2mm, 8mm, 2mm, -1mm]

And these are your values with 3mm bleed.

\definepageshift
        [flyer]
        [horizontal]
        [\zeropoint,             % 0
         \measure{shortfold},    % 3mm
         \measure{shortfold},    % 3mm
         3\measured{shortfold},  % 9mm
         \measure{shortfold},    % 3mm
         \zeropoint]             % 0

I tried to calculate it, but this equation is wrong.

\definepageshift
        [flyer]
        [horizontal]
        [\dimexpr\measure{bleed}-\measure{shortfold}\relax,
        \measure{shortfold},
         \measure{shortfold},
         3\measured{shortfold},
         \measure{shortfold},
        \dimexpr\measure{bleed}-\measure{shortfold}\relax
        ]

It only works for a bleed of 3 mm.

juh