Mohammad Hossein Bateni schrieb am 27.04.2019 um 05:16:
Hi,

Look at the following MWE:

\setuppagecomment[state=start,location=right]
%\definestartstop[Notes]
%[before=\startpagecomment,after=\stoppagecomment]
\def\startNotes{\startpagecomment}
\def\stopNotes{\stoppagecomment}

\starttext
\input knuth
\startpagecomment
Hello
\stoppagecomment
\page
\input tufte
\startNotes
Testing
\stopNotes
\stoptext

This snippet does not compile.  Page comments work when I use the commands \startpagecomment and \stoppagecomment directly (like in the first page), but when I invoke via macros (as in the second page), ConTeXt produces errors.

What is wrong there?

The pagecomment environment uses the buffer mechanism to store the content
of the environment but a limitation of buffers is that you can't put them into other
commands because the scan for a certain delimiter, e.g. \stoppagecomment.

Wolfgang